In serving as the premier center for education and ministry within the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington, Saint Mark's is dedicated to providing learning opportunities for students of all ages.
Our Saint Mark's Practice HSPT is a great opportunity for rising eighth graders to familiarize themselves with the test before taking it in December of their eighth grade year. Rising eighth graders are students who have just completed seventh grade during the 2019-2020 school year.
Our practice exam is scheduled to take place on Thursday, August 6th, 2020. Students are encouraged to register online for this test and have until the end of the day on Tuesday, August 4th to register online.
The registration fee for the Pre-HSPT is $65.00 and may be paid online via credit card.
TEST DAY INFORMATION:
All individuals planning to arrive to campus on this day are required to self-screen prior to coming onsite. If any of the following are present, individuals are not permitted on campus:
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- Fever equal to or higher than 100.0 ºF
- Are under evaluation for COVID-19 (For example, have been exposed to someone who is infected or waiting for the results of a viral test to confirm infection)
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared to discontinue isolation.
The Pre-HSPT begins at 10:00 a.m. with expected dismissal at 1:30 p.m. Check-in will begin at 9:30 a.m. Please enter through the back doors near Guidance. Make a left at the virtual marquee, near the baseball field, and continue to the back parking lot. Parents should remain in their cars upon arrival. Only students are permitted in the building.
Students will be socially distanced outside upon arrival and receive a temperature check prior to entering the building. All students should be wearing their mask when they arrive on campus. Be sure your child gets a full night of rest and has a well balanced breakfast before they come for their exam! They may dress comfortably.
Students will be socially distanced for the test. Please bring the following items to the test:
- A mask.
- Hand Sanitizer
- No food. Bring a water bottle or drink. DO NOT SHARE YOUR DRINK. Water fountains will not be accessible.
- Two #2 pencils.
*Calculators are not permitted.
- If you have not yet paid the registration fee, please bring a check made payable to Saint Mark's High School, in the amount of $65.
- Upon logging in, you will enter the following access code: ZP.
- Please follow the directions to complete your registration. You may pay the $65 fee online or bring a check made payable to Saint Mark's High School, on the day of the exam.
Extended time is not offered for this practice exam. For students with documented learning differences, extended time will be offered for the HSPT that takes place in December.