Advancement Office Database Manager
Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, the Database Manager will play an important role in Saint Mark’s advancement efforts. The Database Manager will be responsible for ensuring all donor and prospect data is well managed, accurate, robust, and enables our advancement team to maintain strong donor relations and cultivate new donors in order to achieve our annual advancement goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accurately maintain donor records and prospect information. Management of the database will include the accurate entry and maintenance of donor information, ensuring database integrity and conducting regular database updates.
• Provide support for the organization’s use of the advancement database, including production of various reports, mailing lists, etc. • Manage the data entry and processing of all pledges, gifts, and contributions coming from multiple sources including checks (mail), credit cards (online), and stocks/wire transfer.
• Ensure that all foundation grant gifts are entered with appropriate payment and reporting schedules.
• Generate accurate, timely, and appropriately worded acknowledgment letters for all donations.
• Track and invoice all pledge payments.
• Reconcile database system with finance office. • Maintain a strong electronic and paper filing system for gifts and pledges.
• Analyze data to identify trends and prospects to inform the direction of giving programs.
• Track and analyze success of different campaign approaches.
• Track prospect responsibility and next steps for advancement staff. • Provide support for advancement, donor-focused, and PR events including preparation of outreach lists and managing RSVP’s.
• Effectively track event data and information
Qualifications and Skills:
• 3 or more years of advancement, database, donor relations, IT and event experience.
• A strong understanding of database and information technology systems
• Analytical skills and ability to understand and improve data architecture, manage data effectively, and extract data through reports.
• Excellent and unwavering attention to detail and accuracy.
This is a full time, 12-month, non-exempt position. Saint Mark’s offers a competitive salary and a full array of benefits including medical, vacation and tuition remission.
For immediate consideration, submit cover letter and resume, electronically, to Marsha Corcoran, Vice President of Advancement, at email@example.com.